No one wants to get into an accident. No one wants to need auto body collision repairs for their car. Unfortunately, many people do get into motor vehicle accidents and need to have their cars repaired. In 2013, for example, there were 5.657 million car accidents. You do not need to be in an accident for you to need to go to the auto body shop. Hail can damage your car. In 2011, there were 5.9 damage claims per one thousand insured vehicle years. That represents an increase from 2010 when there were 2.7 claims per one thousand insured vehicle years and 2008 and 2009 when that number was 2.9.
If you find yourself needing an auto body collision repair shop, you can find the best one with the following tips:
- Start by asking the people in your life. Ask your friends, family and coworkers. Someone you know has been in an accident and needed to have vehicle body damage repaired. At the very least, you know someone who has used a dent removal service. The best way to find quality goods and services is to get a personal referral. This is no different when you are looking for automobile collision repair services. Ask who the people you know used and how they found them.
- Check online. Many cities and localities have Facebook groups and pages set up to promote local goods and services. Check for one in your area. If you find one but there is nothing already posted about auto body collision repair shops, ask. People love to give advice and recommend (or complain about) a company they have used or a store where they have shopped.
- Check Yelp! and Angie’s List. You can get some insight into auto body collision repair shops and other services. Keep in mind the fact that people are far more likely to complain than to compliment so if you find that you see a lot of anonymous complaints about one auto body repair shop or another, there may be something else going on there.
- Get more than one estimate. You want your car to be repaired by a reputable shop but you want to get the best price for the job. The way to do that is to talk to a few auto body collision repair shops and get written estimates. Getting the estimates in writing makes it easier to compare them and to see what you are getting with each. Most experts recommend getting at least three estimates. You should also remember that if one of the estimates you get is a lot higher or cheaper than the others, you should be wary. The more expensive service options may not actually provide the best service. Higher prices are often used as a marketing ploy to make customers think they are getting better service. By the same token, the cheapest service you find may end up costing you a lot more than the estimate.
- Get references. Ask the auto body repair shops for references. They may have testimonials on their website, do what you can to check those. It is all too easy to make them up on a website. If you can talk to current or former clients. Talking to people who have worked with the auto body shop can give you a better idea of how good they are.
- Talk to your car insurance carrier. What do they think of the auto body shops you are talking to about your car. Do they have experience working with them? How did that go? You are going to want the auto body shop that you use to have a good working relationship with the auto body collision repair shop. That is the best case scenario. At the very least, they should not have a bad experience working with the auto body collision repair shop.
Your car is important to you. Finding the right auto body collision repair service is about more than just getting the best price, you want them to treat your car the way you would. Spend some time and do some research and you will find the best service for your car.