Summer is a time for long nights out with friends and long weekends with families. And while some of this time is certainly spent at lake houses and at pools, there are also a number of hours that are spent traveling. Some people like to make long road trips across country, but others simply want to cruise the local streets and park in the most popular drive ins. No matter whether you are taking long or short road trips, it is always important that you have the right kinds of tires on your vehicle.
Although some people only spend enough money to get the kind of tires that wear the best and provide the best milage, there are others who find that they want a little bit more. They want to make sure that they also have custom wheels that will make their car stand out, help them get noticed.
Tire Shops Offer Custom Wheels and Many Other kinds of Products
All-terrain, mud-terrain, snow and winter, and sand are the four main types of off-road tiree. They all vary in price and in the number of miles that they will last. In fact, it is very important to make sure that you understand the features of the tires and wheels that you are buying. For some people, custom wheels may not matter, but to others they are very important.
Consider some of these facts and figures about the tire and wheel industry and the impact that it has on the automobile industry:
- Static, or single plane, and dynamic, or dual plane, are the two basic types of tire and wheel imbalance that need correction.
- By adding clearance to a vehicle, tires that measure 33 inches or larger can make rock crawling and trail riding easier.
- In 2017 there were 738 total motor vehicle traffic fatalities that were a result of tire-related crashes.
- Having tires aligned and balanced every 5,000 to 6,000 miles can help maximize their lifespan, as well as the overall performance.
- In addition, tire rotations are recommended every 3,000 to 6,000 miles, or with every time you get an oil change.
Summer. Summer. Had me a blast. What are your plans for these long days, and do they involve any long road trips or local drives on the most popular roads? If so, it might be time to make sure that you have new tires and the best custom wheels available.