When Was the Last Time That You Had to Shop for a Car?
It is the kind of phone call that every parent worries about getting.
When your 16 year old daughter called to tell you that she had been in a car accident she was both sorry and apologetic. Fortunately, you were able to leave the office and were at the scene of the accident within the half hour. As soon as your daughter was able to calm down, she explained to you and the police officer just how the accident happened. She explained that she was driving north out of the school parking lot and coming through the green parking light when another car coming from the other direction turned in front of her.
The best news is that neither driver was hurt. Unfortunately, however, your daughter’s car was totaled. In fact, the entire front bumper was left laying in the middle of the street and she could barely get her driver’s side door open, and now you find yourself looking at car dealers around the city for another car. You are looking for a car in the right price range and, even more importantly, a car that will keep her safe in the event of another accident.
Finding used cars for sale can be a challenge, but with careful attention to prices and interest rates, as well as the accessories that you are most wanting, you can find the car that will be the right purchase.
Consider some of these facts and figures about the auto sales industry and the impact that it has on the nation’s economy:
- Three is the average number of owners a car will have.
- Nearly 40 million used cars exchange hands each year, between dealership sales and private-party transactions.
- 60.6% of vehicle sales in the U.S. in the year 2016 were light trucks. Cars, on the other hand, made up 39.4% of sales.
- 2016 light trucks sales increased more than 7% from the previous year.
- Certified pre-owned sales reached a record 2.6 million units in the year 2016.
- More than 20 million vehicles on the road in 2021 will be over 25 years old, according to IHS Markit research.
Whether you are looking for used vehicles for a new driver or a brand new model for yourself, finding the right car at the right price can take both patience and determination. Finding the right car dealer can help you find not only the best inventory, as well as the best interest rates and payment schedule.