Many people choose to get films or tints applied to their car windows. There are a number of reasons for this. Windows that have been treated with either a film or a tint can block out 99.9% of UV light from the sun. Not only can this prevent skin cancer but cars that have been treated will stay up to 60% cooler on hot summer days, which reduces the need to run the air conditioning at full blast. Cars with a window tint are more eco-friendly than those without. Tinted windows also cut down on glare, which causes almost 3,000 accidents each year.
If you are considering putting a window tint or film on your car windows, it might be tempting to try a do it yourself (DIY) kit. Here are some reasons going to a professional window tinting service is a better idea.
- They know the law. There are laws and regulations that dictate how dark your car windows can be. There are several reasons for this. If the window tint is too dark, it makes it harder for he driver to see and can be dangerous. Also, darker windows can make it harder for police when they pull someone over for a traffic stop (or any reason). An auto window tinting service company will know what these regulations are, you will not get that information from a DIY car tinting kit.
- They have experience applying the window tint and film. Applying a window tint or film can be a tricky business. Dust can be attracted to the sticky surface. Even the slightest breeze can make it crinkle or crease and the result is often not what you want.
- With a professional, the first time is the charm. You may think that if you do not succeed the first time with your window tint or film, you can just redo it. Unfortunately, it is really hard to get that tint or film off. Plus, you now have to buy another kit to replace the one you used. When you go to an automotive window tinting service, they do it right the first time.
- No DIY window tint kit comes with a guarantee. If you do not like the results when you apply a window tint or film, your only option is to buy a new one and try again. If you are unsatisfied with the results from a tinting service, they will either do it over or give you a refund.
- The quality is just not the same with a DIY kit. By blocking out so much UV light, a window tint or film protects the car?s interior from the damaging effects of the sun. DIY kits do not offer the same protection for the people in the car or anything else because they just are not the same quality as what you get with a professional service.
At the end of the day, DIY kits may seem less expensive but may end up costing you more in the long run.