Rotors are what are causing the pulsation that the car is presenting. The technician explained that while the front pads are still at 50%, the back pads are still at 25%. The rotors are the problem, but they cannot replace the rotors without replacing the pads. All told the whole cost, including a lifetime warranty and alignment package, would cost nearly $800. What started as a simple oil, lube and filter service that should have only cost around $40, has turned into a major investment.
Finding a way to make sure that your car is running as efficiently as possible is not always the easiest. Making sure that you at least schedule regular lube and filter services, however, is a great start. In fact, there are many times when you purchase a new vehicle when the dealership will attempt to sell you a lube and filter service package. This is a sale that not only adds revenue to the dealership, but also can help make sure that new cars are performing their best for many years to come.
Auto Mechanic Shops and Tire Shops Offer a Wide Range of Services
When was the last time you had to take your vehicle in for a lube and filter service, a tire change, or any other kind of regular maintenance. From batteries to belts and hoses, there are many things that you need to consider when you make the decision to invest in a home. After a home, the vehicles that people purchase are some of the most significant investments that many make. As a result, just as people need to carefully maintain the homes where they live, it is also important to make sure that they follow through on the needed maintenance for any car that they are driving.
Finding the best service department allows you to make sure that you are able to get everything done that you need, from the small, regular maintenance tasks to the major repairs that might be needed on older vehicles, it is important to make sure that you have a trusted location or auto shop to go to for the work that you need. Consider these facts and figures about the work vehicle maintenance industry and the impact that it has on the economy of the nation:
- Approximately 50% of premature car battery failures are caused by the loss of water due to the lack of maintenance, typically the result of evaporation from overcharging or high under hood heat.
- Automobile manufacturers recommend changing the oil every 5,000 miles or four months, or to follow the specific manufacturer’s recommendations for specific models.
- Unfortunately, an estimated 77% of cars on the road are in need of maintenance or repairs, according to a recent survey of drivers.
- 10% of all drivers have a check engine light on at any time. What is even worse is that 50% of those drivers ignore the light for longer than three months.
- 1.4% of all auto accidents could be attributed to tires that are under inflated, according to a estimates from a study conducted by Indiana University.
- Typically automobile manufacturers recommend that a tire rotation should generally be done every 7,500 miles, or as often as recommended by the car manufacturer.
- One very scary statistic is that mechanical failures are a factor in 12% to 13% of all auto accidents.
- As a major convenience that most of us could not live without any more, AC units were first installed in cars in the year 1933.
- The Car Care Council indicates that timing belts are typically replaced between 60,000 and 90,000 miles.
Finding the right vehicle to purchase takes a lot of patience, research, and consideration. Once the purchase is made, however, your attention to detail should continue. In fact, whether you are buying a new or used vehicle it will always be important to make sure that you follow the recommended service and maintenance schedule. Not only to maintain the highest value of your vehicle, but also to make sure that your car, truck, van, or SUV is always ready to drive when you need it. Today’s vehicles play an important role in the lives we live, so making sure they work is essential.