Mercedes Benz vehicles have been around for years, and have long been some of the top cars on the market. Not only are they solidly-made vehicles now, but they were responsible for many of the major automobile innovations over the years.
Check out just a few of the innovations Mercedes has been responsible for:
Mercedes Benz Innovations
- Invention of the Motor Car (1886) – Karl Benz and Gottlieb Daimler developed and patented the first three- and four-wheeled vehicles.
- First Modern Passenger Car (1901) – The Mercedes 35 HP was the first passenger car to take the form that is recognized today.
- The Record Breaker (1938) – This futuristic silver car was used by Rudolf Caracciola to set a new record for speed on a public road. The record of 268 m.p.h. still stands today.
- Safety Cell (1959) – Mercedes Benz developed the first safety cell with front and rear crumple zones designed to protect passengers in crashes.
- First Robot Car (1980’s) – Mercedes succeeded in sending a driverless car more than 100 km down a multi-lane highway in Paris.
- First Airbag in a Production Passenger Car (1981) – The first airbag was fitted into the Mercedes Benz S-Class after 15 years of work.
- Attention Assist (2009) – This system developed by Mercedes to combat driver exhaustion and fatigue measures speed, acceleration, and steering wheel angle to detect if the driver is tired, and produces a warning.
- Blind Spot and Lane Keeping Assist (2010) – Mercedes developed further technology to detect if there is a car in the vehicle’s blind spot, or if the driver begins to veer over road lanes, and issues a warning.
Mercedes Benz vehicles have changed a lot over the years, but their one consistent trait has always been quality. Mercedes Benz vehicles are made with care and attention to every last detail, so you can be sure that you will get a nice, smooth drive, from a vehicle that you will be driving for years to come.
Some people complain about the cost of Mercedes Benz parts, and the difficulty in finding Mercedes Benz replacement parts. But it is because of this quality craftsmanship and attention to detail that they are fewer Mercedes Benz parts out there, but they’re not impossible to find. If you’re looking for original Mercedes parts, used Mercedes Benz parts, or Mercedes Benz aftermarket parts, you’ll be able to find them if you know where to look.